Sunday, October 14, 2007

Moonlight

I discovered a new television show on Friday nights at 9pm titled Moonlight. It is about a detective, Mick St. John, who is a vampire living in present day LA. As is usually the case with vampires, he falls in love with a mortal woman; a newspaper reporter he rescued when she was just a child. They are attracted to one another yet he dare not get her too involved in his world. He has a conscious, morals and integrity, just like my main vampire character, Christian. He lives in eternal conflict between his nature and his memory of his human self.

The other television show I was watching (no I don't watch that much TV, but vampires intrique me in case you haven't guessed), is Blood Ties. I do not like Vicky, the main character. I find her too hard, too one dimensional. I do like Mike and Henry. So, Friday night is vampire night in my house and I have to ask myself why suddenly all these television shows on "fantasy topics?" Is it the state of our world? Our fear of the unknown? I am not sure but it is a genre who's time has come - finally.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

It's great that you have all those vampire shows over there. I'd love to see them in the UK, but they are on satellite channels.

I've nominated you for a blogger award. Check my blog for details.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home