Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Death of a character

I needed to make my ending more dramatic and resolve alot of loose ends. Books really do sell on their endings so I needed mine to be more believable. I killed off a character whom I loved. It broke my heart but I did it. I feel like I betrayed one of the main characters by ending the life of one of his closest friends. I am in the midst of rewrites so perhaps I will decide against it and come up with another ending but as it stands right now, he is dead as a doornail.

I have not posted in some time spending much of my free time finishing my novel and working on rewrited before it goes to my editor. A bit intimidating but necessary to make my novel the best it can be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Don't worry about killing off a character. If it works for the novel then it needed to be done. I realised when writing my current novel that I had two many characters. One of them wasn't really contributing much to the story so he had to go. Since doing that, the novel flows wonderfully.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home