Monday, April 30, 2007

The heart wants what it wants

Characters, just like real human beings, do not always make the best decisions. They say and do stupid things, rationalize their behavior and fall in love with the wrong people. I am at a point in my novel where Amanda, my antagonist, realizes she is in love with two men who are physically and emotionally very different. She needs and wants both of them, but for very different reasons. Is this good for her? What will it do to the friendship of the two men involved? Emotions are a powerful thing and no matter how much we try to suppress them, they rule us. I have tried to spare her this pain but this is what she wants and I cannot deny her this for it is her journey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Sounds like an intriguing read. You have lots of emotional conflict going on there which hooks the reader.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home