Thursday, April 05, 2007

Blood, Sweat & Tears

I love to write and I would do anything to just be able to write all day but reality creeps in and I find that work, family and friends takes up alot of my time. Then when I do sit down at the computer I try to put in a few hours of quality writing time. When I took ballet class and performed in recitals the formula was something crazy like 1 hour of rehearsal time for each minute of a dance piece. It could have been more hours but my point is that writing takes time and as we get older time just seems to slip by faster and faster.

I usually rough draft something out - say a chapter, then I tweak it and eventually I edit it again. I am finally tweaking Part Three of my Four Part Novel Immortal Obsession, but it takes time. I try to balance all the parts of my life. I try to cheat time and not give up too much to write but who am I kidding? No one can cheat time - maybe vampires can but not us mortals who give their blood, sweat and tears to create something of lasting value, something that may get printed and may get read.

It is a lot to hope for but I am driven to create so every time I sit at my computer I give more blood, drip more sweat and spill more tears all for the sake of a dream.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

I can totally relate. It's so hard to find the time to write. There simply aren't enough hours in the day and time just flies by.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home