Monday, November 24, 2008

Josette

Josette Delacore is the centerpiece in my series of vampire novels set in eighteenth century France and modern day Manhattan. She was very young when her path crossed with not one, not two, but three vampires - all of whom loved her and whom she loved for very different reasons. She is dark-haired, petite, adventurous, kind, smart and way ahead of her time. As I write her profile, who emerges is someone with tremendous power, a power that comes from self-knowledge and a passion for all things in life - food and drink, knowledge and learning, music and art, sex and love.

She does the unthinkable and learns much more than she bargained for in her short life. In my first novel she is just a memory for Christian. In my second novel....let's just say her presence is more acute. She is beautiful, wise, cultured and extremely powerful; like an enchantress, she captivates one too many vampires and like all of us, karma is sometimes a hard thing to face.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Rita Vetere said...

I'm already fascinated by Josette--what an exciting and compelling character you've created. Brava.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Denise K. Rago said...

Thank you Rita. She is still emerging as I write her profile and allow her to come through. She is probably the most intriguing character that has emerged in this series to date. She still has me baffled as I learn more about her past.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Linda Lauren said...

Wow, Denise, note that Rita wrote her comment to you at 4:44pm! That is the number of the angels! 444!!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Denise K. Rago said...

I had not noticed but yes you are right. Many times I notice the number 8:18 or 11:11 as well. I have to take this as a positive sign as well.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Rita Vetere said...

Gotta love those elevens!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

She sounds like a great character, Denise. Really intriguing. I'm always noticing the number 11.11 too.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Denise K. Rago said...

What does it mean for you Marie?

9:03 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I don't really know, Denise. I just found it strange that's all. I'll have to think about it.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home