Friday, October 17, 2008

Titles

I am toying with names for my trilogy of novels. So much is conveyed in words and it must be something that resonates with my style of writing, my beloved vampires and the nature of the series. I went to my trusty Thesaurus and have found several words that resonate with me: Beguile,enchant,bloodlust, bloodkiss, bloodline, surrender, sate, rapture, hunger. Somewhere in all these words is a title for me.

So I write down words, then combinations of words that fit together and I let them sit and I know something will jump out at me or roll easily off my tongue. It will just feel right. Those who have read any of Immortal Obsession know it is not a happy, light romance, but who said romance has to be light or happy to be inviting or to make the blood boil? Especially when vampires are involved. There should be some of the "pit in the stomach" in reaction to a vampire, especially if he is beautiful with a voice that could melt butter on your skin. When you look into his eyes you sense he can see right down to your soul and while you know he wishes to steal it from you, you would give it willingly.

That is his power. It is chilling, seductive and forces the surrender of one will to another with no knowledge of the outcome. It's a dark gamble.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rita Vetere said...

"Dark Gamble"... I love the picture that invokes. Might it become the title of the next installment? I like it...

www.ritavetere.com

6:19 PM  
Blogger Denise K. Rago said...

One never knows!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home