Thursday, November 06, 2008

Back at Square One

Recently I blogged about an agent who was interested in a partial (50 pages) read of Immortal Obsession. While I was excited about it I am also a realist. While I consider Immortal Obsession a paranormal romance, it is erotic and dark. I tend to like to read novels that portray the struggles of characters, whether they are humans or vampires. Too much romance and fluff negates the respect and the fear we should have for this supernatural being. The last thing I want to do as a writer is contribute to the homogenization of this archetype.

So, I am back at square one, having queried more agents in the hopes that someone will want to read more than just my query letter. Perhaps an agent will want to take a chance on me and my world of beautiful seductive vampires with their power struggles, love triangles, lust and betrayals. It is also a world full of morality and hope, not unlike ours.

My muse leans over my shoulder and whispers "just write" and so I do and book two in my vampire series unfolds.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home