Monday, September 21, 2009

Josette's Diary

His name is Christian, but that doesn't matter. How is it that I get tongue-tied when I see him. My heart flutters when we meet and forget trying to speak to him. I am so distracted, all I can do is stare. His face remains a mask, his features still and unmoving, yet I feel him watching me. I know he wants me just as I pine for him. It's nothing said, just felt and yet he knows I belong to Gaetan, one of the most powerful vampires in the city. Does it matter to him?

It's his dark eyes that consume me. When I look into them I feel like I am being swallowed up like the inky, dark ocean on a moonlit night. I want him to devour me; skin and bones, flesh and blood; heart and soul. I have never felt this way about another man, and yet, I find this impossible to tell him. It seems so trite and meaningless. You say little yet read my thoughts, finish my sentences. It's unnerving yet comforting as we stand and stare at one another, across the room, across time, familiar and yet so different, silent and yet so full of emotions.

I sense he has been through the fire and come out the other side, despite his youthful appearance, despite his poise and calm. I want him, no matter the cost.

Is this love or madness?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this love or madness?
in her case... does it matter????

7:41 PM  
Blogger Denise K. Rago said...

I suppose these two emotions can feel like one and the same when one is so much in love. Thanks for stopping by Anonymous.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Rita Vetere said...

Love, especially obsessive love, is indeed a form of madness... but delicious nonetheless.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home