Friday, June 19, 2009

Patience, Please!

I can see him, arms folded across a thin chest, his long hair cascading over one eye, leaving half of his face in shadow as he stares down at the floor. He's not quite tapping his foot but close. He wants to get on with things, my Christian. He tells me he's been patient while I've run around taking care of family business. He's a little worried too as he waits to fulfill his destiny.

I tell him I miss him too. Here I was on a roll, completing not one but two parts of my second vampire novel. Christian was about to have a dream fulfilled, and Amanda, well she's in quite a mess, but it was moving along and then... He wants my full attention again. He is such a force, a presence that he doesn't even have to say "hey writer, remember me?" I know he's there; listening, watching, waiting to get on with things. I tell him to hang on. He's a vampire who has all the time in the world. "This may be true." He says, "but you do not!"

Time to get back to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda Lauren said...

A great piece of writing! I wanted to read mooooorrrrreeeeeeeee!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home