Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Angeline Dorothy Rago


November 7, 1919 - May 30, 2009


My mom passed away suddenly last Saturday night. Though she was elderly we are still in shock. This photo is one of my favorites, taken of her by a boyfriend of mine way back in 1971. Unfortunately, he is also deceased. The photo was taken in her kitchen in the house I grew up in and the house where she passed. Though she had her struggles, she was funny, philosophical and loved music. She taught me not to judge people by how they looked; it was how they behaved that counted. She was a very spiritual person. Though I will miss her terribly she has not left me. I imagine she is with her parents, now, who she loved so deeply and missed dearly; plus many other family members and friends, including my dad. I am trying to imagine what their reunion was like after all these years. I know she died quickly, did not suffer and left five great kids behind who loved her very much and will miss her.

7 Comments:

Blogger Linda Lauren said...

Wonderful little tribute. And what a beautiful photo.

God bless,
Love,
Linda

12:16 PM  
Blogger Sumi Portola said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Denise.

God Bless, Sue Dolinko

1:53 PM  
Blogger Mthakathi said...

Hey Denise. Very thoughtful; very sweet rememberance. That picture is so compelling. I can only imagine the wonderful thoughts and memories it conjures up for you. Thinking of you...
MJ

7:25 PM  
Blogger Rita Vetere said...

Hi, Denise,

What a lovely tribute to your Mom. Was very sorry to hear of her passing, but I also know from experience that those we love never leave us.

God bless,

Rita.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Denise.

4:47 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

replica watches
mlb jerseys
coach outlet store
raiders jerseys
michael kors outlet online
oakley sunglasses
lions jerseys
true religion jeans
jimmy choo shoes
replica watches

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home