Friday, January 18, 2008

The Light

Not a good thing for vampires but for aspiring writers struggling through rewrites it is the most exhilarating feeling in the world. I got the green light from my editor and now I begin the process of recreating my original novel. The characters will remain the same and some of the plot as well and this is a good thing. When someone with 30 years of experience agrees that your new ideas are much better than your original ones, go with it. It is validating and so positive. I was floundering as I tried to implement his suggestions. Nothing seemed to be coming and then my juices began flowing and my muse returned and here I am. Thought I would share with whomever reads this that the darkness cannot remain indefinitely. The light will come and when the flow returns, it is nothing short of magic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda Lauren said...

I so loved your last line on the "light" ...that light is true magic!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home