Saturday, October 09, 2010

A New Home

For those of you who have been visiting me here at Urban vampire for the past several years will find that I have a new home. As of Sunday morning 9am Eastern Standard Time, this blog will become a part of my new website: http://www.denisekrago.com/ in conjunction with the book launch for my first novel, Immortal Obsession. My loyal readers are probably saying to themselves "it's about time," and yes, it is about time and that time is now.

Some folks know from an early age that they want to be writers. I dabbled in plays, poetry and life-long journal writing, but as a child I wanted to be both a ballerina and an archaeologist. I would come home from ballet class to dig up my front lawn while still in my tights and ballet slippers. Talk about conflicting desires.

The launch date of my website coincides with an experience that happened five years ago on 10.10.05. This experience compelled me to begin my novel and though it had no title, I knew who the main character was, what he looked like, his name, his likes and dislikes. He spoke to me from that day forward and my novel took form. Though it has been through many revisions, the themes that spoke to me were always the same: undying love, guilt, regret and loyalty to those we love, no matter the cost.

And so, Immortal Obsession is no longer just my world, but yours the readers, as well. I hope you will visit often. I plan on hosting some incredible guests while I continue to work on my second novel in this series as the life of Christian Du Maure continues to unfold.

Thank you for being here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Denise:

This sounds fascinating. Congratulations on publishing Immortal Obsession. Which house did you publish with and how can i get a copy?

5:31 PM  
Blogger Denise K. Rago said...

Hi Joy,

Thank you so much! Immortal Obsession is my first self-published novel.

Please visit my website at http:..www.denisekrago.com for more tidbits and purchasing information. It's also available at Amazon.com or B & N.com. Join me on FB at facebook.com/dkrago.

Have a nice evening.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home