Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vampire Novels

I went on vacation and took the entire Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris. I have almost finished it and I must say I really enjoyed it. I love Sookie Stackhouse; a character so real I feel like I know her! My favorite vampire is Eric of course, having a thing for tall blondes. His very humanness is what makes him so likable, despite being a centuries old vampire. I can't wait to tune into TruBlood, the series based on her writings, which starts in September on HBO!

Another novel I picked up is Let Me In by the Swedish author John Ajvide Lindqvist. I have not started it yet but the premise seems absolutely chilling. Definitely a darker vampire tale which has been made into a movie in Sweden. I am on the lookout for this one but meanwhile, I have the novel to sink my teeth into, pardon the expression!


1 Comments:

Blogger Rita Vetere said...

I think I'll look for "Let Me In". I love a dark story. There's a lot of chat about the HBO series True Blood, which sounds really good, although I missed the previews. Will tune in on Sunday night.

Rita Vetere
www.ritavetere.com
www.myspace.com/rita_1111

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home