Thursday, November 09, 2006

Inspiration for Characters

I was sitting here at my work desk mulling over some of the inspirations/influences for my vampire characters in my current novel. I have gotten into the habit of cutting out photographs from magazines, etc. whenever I spot somone who's physical description appeals to me in some way, shape or form. I like keeping files of faces because I never know when I will need one. I sometimes see people who fit a character. One of my main characters is based on a beautiful stranger I happened to see in New York City on a rainy October night in the Skylight diner. He was tall with very long blonde hair and dark eyes. He was young, probablly in his twenties and one look at him and I knew he was "my vampire." I guess it happens like that - people who you don't know and most likely will never meet can be the inspiration for a character. Thank you blondie wherever you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home